Thursday 8 January 2009

The Magic Cleaning Fairy appears again

So the worst week continues...


After a bad BD meeting (they're never good when POQI is out) during which the toddlers failed to play nicely in the sandbox and the key messages were being imparted by subliminal means, I made my way back to my desk. I hadn't even managed to sit down when Stephen and Kevin came over to tell me that the coffee pot had overflowed, and they had turned off the hotplate. They hadn't actually cleaned up the coffee flood, but at least they had stopped the pot welding to the hotplate....and were quite proud! Time to get on the sparkly wings and the marigolds again! I did point out to Stephen that paper towels were in plentiful supply and very absorbent but he just looked a little blank. I'm sure he's stored that piece of theoretical knowledge away somewhere in the planet-sized brain, but he wasn't putting it into practice today. The thing is he's an experimental physicist at heart so I would have hoped he would be more up for exciting practical challenges!!!


Shortly after the coffee flood Mr Wrong-kind-of-beer decided that he didn't care for either of the restaurant choices mooted for Colin's leaving lunch next week and many office-wide, reply to all e-mails were flying across the ether. He had verbally suggested the Crystal City sports bar on 23rd St when he was moaning about... sorry...informing Joni and I of the deficiencies of the suggested venues. Then he had begun the e-mail campaign.... It was too good an opportunity to miss for me in my evil mode... I sent a reply to the latest e-mail "innocently" stating his suggestion was the Crystal City Bar (oops did I omit the word Sport?) which is an establishment on 23rd in which having large numbers of single Dollar bills is exceedingly handy and where sequin-blindness is a hazard. As someone commented - it was a clean kill.... I am just NASTY today!


Oh, and to top it all...I have a zit on my chin which is getting so big it's demanding its own cubicle.

It wasn't all doom and gloom though. I had a couple of e-mails from someone in the UK that had me in stiches. I was wiping away mascara-filled tears of laughter! Here is someone who is crying out to be a contestant on Countdown!! Try making anagrams of SparksGoToWashington....Hilarious and rude!!

No comments: