Sunday 18 January 2009

I just want to sleep....

The pint of gin sadly didn't have much effect. Perhaps I should have gone for the two-pint option... I got to sleep easily, but woke about 12:30 as the moon was shining brightly into the bedroom (we don't have curtains as we're on the 4th floor and back onto woods). When I rolled over onto my other side I kept myself away coughing. Then I got too hot so I had to get up and knock the thermostat down a tiny bit. Not enough, so I had to get up again. Then it got too cold, so I had to turn it back up again.... At 4:30 in the morning I was e-mailing Stephen to say "Have a nice flight". And at 6am I was e-mailing POQI to say I've not slept so I'm going to work from home after I've had a little snooze. Thank goodness I did. I was barely functioning!! It was also about minus 12C and staying in the house in front of the fire seemed like a real smart plan!!

It was so cold that, despite me leaving the heating on overnight, some of the pipes froze leaving me without water to the sinks in our bathroom. Stephen arrived back home looking totally frozen and he'd only walked from the taxi to the front door! We braved the temperatures and went for a pizza, but boy was it cold!!

No comments: