Tuesday 13 January 2009

Counting sheep

Sleep has been somewhat elusive for the past couple of nights. On Saturday night I woke up during the night and couldn't work out why Stephen wasn't in bed. I lay there for a couple of minutes and almost got up to come downstairs and see if he'd fallen asleep on the sofa. I got as far as switching on my light and putting on my glasses before I realised that he wasn't in bed because he was on a flight back to the UK.

As I didn't sleep well the rest of the night I was tired on Sunday evening. I was in bed about 9:30 and switching out the light at 10:30 as I couldn't keep my eyes open. I then slept for a solid 2 hours before I woke up. 2 hours! 2 measly hours!!! What the hell is going on here? I was exhausted. I felt like I could have slept for a week, and I manage 2 pathetic short hours.... luckily I did manage to get back to sleep eventually, but it was fitful sleep as opposed to the unconscious sleep of the dead I've been managing recently. I'm blaming my sleeplessness on Stephen's absence. Thank goodness he is back on Friday as I'll be a total sleep deprived wreck by then !

No comments: