Friday 16 January 2009

Misery loves company

I've probably set the neighbours tongues wagging. I've just been out for dinner with a man who is not my husband, who picked me up from the house in a sports car. If people had curtains here I'm sure they'd be twitching!!

There is nothing for Stephen to concern himself about though. POQI had pinged Dawn and I earlier and asked if we fancied dinner. I'd had a bad day (emotionally draining - people being upset and me applying a stiff upper lip and being supportive) and had left the office around 2pm to do some work at home. I came home, lit the fire, sat in front of it and sobbed for a little bit. I think it helped to release the emotion. A good greet always helps! When he pinged I was feeling better, starving and able to cope with company. We went to the Warehouse for steak - yum! Dawn's hubby came too and we had a good laugh...and I had a gin and tonic tops. I hope that a pint of hard liquor does the trick sleeping-wise as I'm going to drop dead of exhaustion if I don't get a good 8 hours sleep soon!!

I'm going to try leaving the heating on tonight. Its supposed to drop to minus 13C tonight and its just too cold in the mornings. My teeth were chattering this morning and I was only out of bed for 30 seconds to put the heating on, plus it took about 3/4 hour to get to a reasonable temperature that would allow me to get up without getting frostbite. The arctic clipper has certainly arrived! The only problem with leaving the heat on is the noise - its a hot air system and its not quiet! So...tonight I'll either not sleep because I'm boiling hot, or because the noise is keeping me awake. Perhaps I need more gin...

No comments: