Sunday 4 January 2009

No more twinkly lights

It's a sad day today. I've taken down all the Christmas decorations and the place is looking a little bare. I've just finished sweeping and vacuuming pine needles for the 4th time and am still finding more - more of a trickle than a flood now though! Thank goodness for hardwood floors as I'm sure that with carpet we'd be picking needles out of our feet for the next year!

We had a rather slow start to the day yesterday, but eventually got ourselves in order and out the door. We went down to Fredericksburg, a charming historic town with a massive shopping complex on its outskirts. This satisfied all needs - we got to walk round a really pretty town, admire the trickle of the Rappahannock river (where George Washington threw the silver dollar across the river), have a lovely lunch and then head over to the shopping area and look at guitars/cameras (Stephen) and crafty stuff (me).

We went out to dinner and then onto the weekend office last night. The band were good (it was Lost Highway whom we saw last time we were in), but the cigar smoke was heavy. There were 6 or 7 folks round us all puffing away and after a while my throat was totally raw. I don't mind cigar smoke too much normally, but this was a bit much for me!

No comments: