Friday 16 January 2009

Stan and Ollie

How is it possible? How can two grown men be so completely hopeless???

I was on the phone to Stephen on Tuesday, he was driving from Farnborough to the hotel and Simon was following along behind. Suddenly the air turned blue as Stephen made a wrong turn. Then "Oh, no...its okay. I know where I am. We can go along here". Further chatting followed. Then more swearing. "*&%$ I'm lost. Where the *&%$ am I?". OMG! It is a 20 minute journey. How hard can it be?? Yet there he was, leading Simon down country lanes in totally the wrong direction. To be fair, Simon realised eventually and was flashing his lights and trying to save Stephen from going too far the wrong way, but Stephen was blithely ploughing on, ignoring him and talking (handsfree) to me!

Of course Stephen (Ollie) is quite able to get himself into scrapes without Simon. He called to relay the latest calamity today. He had driven from Malvern to a hotel at Heathrow airport, was putting his valuables in the safe, realised that he had forgotten his passport and it was still sitting in the bedroom at Malvern. Just as well for him that he has a rather wonderful mother-in-law as she drove halfway down to meet him at Swindon to pass it over.

I just don't understand how it's possible to be so disorganised!!! Tickets, passport, money - it was always the mantra! I suppose tickets are electronic and no one carries cash - so why remember to check for a passport...

No comments: