Wednesday 14 January 2009

Home again

We're coming home! There is something of a re-org going on with the result that our office is being merged into another part of the company and the expats are coming home. We're shipping out at the end of March, so I've got about 10 weeks in which to shop til I drop, see half the country, switch off the utilities, return the car and get the house packed up. Thankfully the company helps out a lot with the utilities and packing part, so basically I only have to shop and vacation.... (It's lovely here in Fantasyland!)... Already the relocation agent has decided that its better to speak to me rather than Stephen as I'll be the one doing it all - and I suspect she's right!!

It has made work a little emotional this week though. There have been lots of hugs given and received and lots of welling-up during conversations. The price of kleenex stock must have soared this week. We're thinking we should get it delivered by the lorry-load!

No comments: