Sunday 19 April 2009

A dash about Cheltenham

Okay. Its time to admit it. "Hi. My name is Kerry and I'm a caffeine addict". By about 12 today I was in a real stinky mood. I felt tired and soooo grumpy. A few mouthfuls of latte later and I was feeling quite delightful - about a million times better than I had a few minutes before! I think I'm going to buy a machine for home so I can throw a quick espresso shot down my neck in the morning before work. Probably safer for those in the office with me...because if I am in a really grumpy mood there is no way I will be able to ignore the really LOUD typing from two of my office mates! As it is, even when I've had soothing tea and am really quite relaxed, I have cartoon-like fantasies about taking a giant mallet to their fingers and/or keyboard! It is enough to drive you to distraction when they're both thumping away. I was joking with someone the other day that perhaps they're not using e-mail to communicate, they're actually signalling in Morse Code using their keyboards.

We popped down to Cheltenham for a little while today - in between the end of the Grand Prix and the start of the football. After coffee (essential!) I had a bit of a wander round the shops. Got a really nice jacket in TKMaxx, but didn't have time to wander into too many more shops as we were under time pressure to get back and we had to pop into a grocery store to get food for dinner. I now own another 2 bags for life....

There are a few things here that are taking a bit of getting used to. Obviously having to provide your own carrier bags in shops is one major thing! Having to pack your own groceries is another (but apparently Somerfield pack for you!). Also, stores here close really early on Sunday's. If you've not thought about grocery shopping by 4:00 then you're having take-out!

No comments: