Saturday 18 April 2009

Where am I?

We had a really delicious meal last night. We had tried to get into Ask, but after standing for 5 minutes being ignored a server told us it would be about 40 minutes for a table as we hadn't booked. The place was busy, but there were empty tables which I have to presume were for people who were more organised than us.

We toyed with the idea of going to the Anupam, but we've had a lot of Indian food recently, so we went into The Fig Tree which must be quite new, and has taken over one of the cafes off Church Street. It has been transformed into a really lovely space and the food was absolutely wonderful. It was some of the best food I've had in a restaurant in a while. We'll definitely be going back soon!

I was obviously tired and confused this morning. Stephen had woken up and was checking the time.
"What time is it?" I sleepily mumbled.
"6:30". He then proceeded to get out of bed.
"Where are you going? Are you gong to the football? I thought Rangers played tomorrow"
There was something of a pause before he asked "What are you talking about?"
"Are-you-going-to-the-football?"

Where else would he be going at 6:30am on a Saturday morning in Alexandria? At this point my bleary befuddled brain began to pull itself out of the depths of sleep it was still settled in....helped along by Stephen's sniggering. Okay, so we're not in Old Town, we're not in the US, we ARE in the UK and the football doesn't start at 6:30 in the morning. Its obviously taking me longer than I imagined to get my brain round being home!

No comments: