Wednesday 1 April 2009

Our final day in DC

We spent Tuesday morning (our final morning) in DC at the Cherry Blossom festival. Just us and several thousand other folk. The blossom was beautiful and it was a gorgeous day with clear blue skies. We, of course, took LOADS of photos so I'll post some when we've got them downloaded.

From there we headed back to the hotel via the office, loaded up the car with the mountain of luggage and headed off to the airport. We detoured via Tysons in the hope of finding somewhere where we could eat and still keep an eye on the car, but all we could find was MaccyD's and that was not the last meal that I wanted in the US! We just headed off to the airport (starving). Stephen dumped me curbside with two trolleys of luggage whilst he headed off to return the rental car. The flight was really quiet and they didn't even bother weighing the luggage - which is probably just as well. Even the hand luggage weighed a ton! Security was fun as we had 4 laptops to decant as well as other bags and a guitar!

The flight was fine (except for someone near us letting off some seriously stinky farts) and we both managed to get a decent sleep (probably due to asphyxiation). Heathrow T3 was really quiet - where were all the flights? We met up with the driver and had a fun 10 minutes trying to fit the mountain of luggage into the car. Just as well it was an estate car! I had e-mailed a couple of times saying a saloon car won't do - we have 5 cases, a guitar and loads of hand luggage. Obviously they didn't realise I wasn't joking!!

So we're now back in Leigh Sinton. We've had the first bacon butty...heaven. Now we just need to sleep or wake up - I'm not sure what I should do at the moment! I've woken up dead beat every day for the past week and feel I could sleep for a week, but I know I need to get UK sleep patterns introduced pronto and sleeping all afternoon won't help that.

No comments: