Tuesday 7 April 2009

Hi ho, hi ho, its off to work we go...

We've been back at work for a couple of days now and are both enjoying the challenges of getting to grips with our new roles. Stephen has lucked out in terms of his location on site. He's right next to the staff restaurant and coffee shop...whereas I am down at the bottom end of the site. Its a good 10 mile uphill yomp from our office to the coffee shop - and in towering heels it is blooming hard going!

Well maybe its not quite 10 miles...although it certainly felt like it! I thought going up was hard going until I began the descent....I almost came a cropper twice - once on each trip (yes I did it twice today - I am THAT desparate for latte!). I must keep a pair of trainers in the office that I can put on for the walk. I feel ankles might be broken otherwise! I was having real problems when the pavement sloped both downwards and also to the right. My ankles atop the 3 1/2" heels didn't know which way to wobble first!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We will send you some practical American style sneakers and a small motorised scooter or Segue so you can get up to the canteen!
Nothing is too good for the Team!
Best wishes,
Your Anglo-American cousin.