Wednesday 29 April 2009

Lactating latte

One of my office-mates caught up with me as I was heading back down from the canteen with my coffee and commented that I looked like I was carrying the Olympic Torch. I explained I was holding it out and to the side as I had spilt some down my leg the day before. What I didn't mention was that I had also spilt some down my top...it wasn't a lot of coffee but it was where it landed that was a tad embarrassing. I looked like I had "leaked"! I had to spend the entire afternoon with my jacket on (and the office was boiling) as, even with the application of Tide pen, there was a visible mark when it dried. I will never be chic and elegant!!

Ever the lawyer, he made a joke (I think!) about suing the canteen and we talked about the woman who sued MaccyD's. Apparently she lost on appeal as it was deemed to be...well, not very sensible...to drive with a container of scalding coffee clamped between your thighs. I explained that it wouldn't be proper driving in America if you didn't have a coffee between your thighs and were texting on your phone with one hand whilst applying your make up with the other!!

No comments: