Wednesday 18 July 2007

Domestic Goddess??

I watched the programme on Victoria Beckham’s move to LA last night. It was a 1 hour special (cut down from a 10 part series) and was a bit light on content! I think it showed that she has more of a sense of humour than we had given her credit for – she is well aware of her image of being a skinny, pouty woman who never eats and sent herself up quite well!

I had a busy day today – doing chores! I’m turning into some kind of deranged housewife and I was always the Undomestic Goddess!! I got up, stripped the bed, put on a washing, put away the random piles of clothes that were cluttering our bedroom, got out the ironing board, worked out how to work the iron, ironed Stephen’s shirts, tumble dried the bedding, put on another washing, cleaned the bathroom…and all before breakfast!!

I didn’t stop with that, but I won’t bore you completely with the details of my humdrum existence! I also spent some time this afternoon trying to work out how the furniture in the second guest room will fit better. I think I have it sussed now, but I’ll need to employ Stephen’s muscle power to help me move it all around. The room (although quite a good size) is an awkward shape – kind of long and narrow – but I won’t let it beat me!!

I’m just waiting on the cable guy now…..

(Tuesday 17th July)

No comments: