Wednesday 18 July 2007

Mosquito madness…

Oh. My. God. I have been eaten alive!! I didn’t spray for mozzies when I sat out in the garden yesterday, and I obviously should have!! Because we back onto woods I think we get mozzies all day, rather than after dusk (like the Caribbean)…and they obviously fancied a snack of sweet Scottish blood!! I have bites all up both legs and a few on my arms, a couple on my shoulder and a couple on my side and back. Basically on any flesh that was exposed even for a split second!! I am now in an agony of itchiness!!

I was chatting to Margaret (our next door neighbour) this morning and she has invited us round for drinks at the weekend “so we can get to know each other better”. All the neighbours have been very – well neighbourly – I suppose!

I spent the rest of the morning hanging about the house. We were expecting the Holy Grail to be delivered to our door this morning, so I didn’t want to stray to far away from where I could hear the door. The delivery was late, but I didn’t care! We are now in possession of patio furniture and a BBQ in a box! Stephen was a little upset by the “in a box” part of the BBQ – they were supposed to deliver one that had been assembled! But the instruction manual is only 30 pages long – how hard can it be to assemble??? We put the patio tables together in no time at all, so we were able to sit out in comfort (and doused in mosquito repellent!).

We headed down to King Street for pizza tonight. They do the most fantastic wood-fired pizza at Bertucci’s – their Sauvignon Blanc wasn’t too shabby either!! We then wandered down King Street, bought ice creams at Pop’s Ice Cream Parlour and headed down to the waterfront to sit and eat them. There are always loads of people wandering about down there – loads of kids too, so there are usually a few street entertainers doing their thing. There was a magician tonight, and someone playing the water glasses – both had quite a crowd. We popped into the Union Street Bar, but had to leave after one drink cos it was too loud. Ohmygod, I can’t believe I just wrote that. I am officially old now!!

(Friday 13th July)

No comments: