Wednesday 18 July 2007

We’re all Scots together…

I really thought getting a phone would be easy! This is America for goodness sake – everyone has a phone – often more than one line! So why it is so bleeding difficult to get one installed??? I phoned Comcast back, and the lovely helpful lady I spoke to yesterday wasn’t in, so I spoke to someone else, who told me that I had to fax a copy of my lease before they could set up service…which means that I’ll need to get Stephen to do this tomorrow – another days delay!!

One of our neighbours (Susan) was born in Scotland (but has been here since she was 6) and her parents live a couple of hours drive away. She said “When they’re next over, you’ll meet them” and true to her word she introduced her dad Jim to Stephen tonight. I was in the house so missed the introduction, but Stephen tells me that he sounds like he left Glasgow last week, rather than 30 odd years ago. You can take the man out of Glasgow, but yeh canna’ take Glesga’ oot the man!

(Wednesday 11th July)

1 comment:

SoTellMe.. said...

I pass and I look your blog with pleasure. sincere greeting of France. Good continuation!