Friday 6 July 2007

Wash day blues…

The shower is plumbed back to front!! Who would £$%&!$ believe it!?! Stephen had left the shower set on whatever he had used – which was full on the ‘cold’ setting! My shower this morning was toasty!!

{Note from Stephen….. This is where I have to make a point, having turned on the shower and turning the temp controller to one maximum. I tested the water to find it was freezing. From this point I turned the temp controller to the opposite lock to find it was pouring piping hot water…… Didn’t even notice there was a hot/cold indication on the temp controller……}

We popped into the office today for a few hours. Then we popped down to Target to get an ironing board, and left with two bar stools but no board!! We’ll need to get one soon, cos all the clothes that we shipped are looking a little crushed and I’m running out of clothes to wear!!

When we got home I had to change cos I was soaked to the ankles after splashing through the puddles getting to the car in the thunder storm when we were shopping. I thought this would be a good time to investigate the washer/dryer. The shopping for detergent was fairly traumatic…my machine is a top loader, and the first detergent I picked up was for Front Loaders Only – but none of the others specified which they were for! I had visions of putting on a load of washing and coming back to find the entire house filled with bubbles!!! Anyway, it all seems to have gone without incident…all washed and put in the dryer. The only issue I have is that the machine is on the top floor beside our bedroom, and if you are sitting in the ground floor den then it’s a long way up the stairs (all 42 of them!) to check to see if the clothes are dry! Because I was being cautious I was only putting it on for 20 minutes at time in case I shrunk everything, so I had to make a few trips….I was considering taking Kendal Mint Cake with me on the 3rd trip!!!

Morag came over this afternoon with Alison and Lizzie for a look around the house (which she had viewed and okayed for us! A good choice as Morag is as fussy about things as I am!). I think Morag was relieved to learn that we loved it and that we had taken down the “this house was picked by Morag” sign!! Alison made us some lovely pictures which are now gracing the fridge, and once Lizzie got over her initial ½ hour of shyness she was dancing away and was loving being thrown in the air and generally being wound up by Stephen!

1 comment:

davidm said...

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that your blog is very much appreciated this side of the pond. The house looks great, and I hope that you're settling in well. Mum and Eve visited last weekend, which was really nice. Benedict sends big smiles your way.

David, Emma and Ben