Wednesday 18 July 2007

Happy Birthday Simon!

Okay, so the lease was faxed and Ursula (my helpful lady at Comcast) was in. So finally we have a date for getting phone, broadband and cable hooked up. As of Sunday evening we’re back on-line!! This is one of the great things about America – there is none of this “Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm visits only” rubbish with utility companies. These guys are coming between 4-8pm on Sunday!

I had a lazy day today! I was fed-up phoning utility companies and sorting out the house so, as it was a beautiful day (cooler and less humid – about 85 degrees) I sat out in the back yard on my Stars and Stripes folding chair (wait til you see these at the first BBQ or concert back home! Tasteful? NOT!!) and read a book. It was fantastic – there were birds chirping away and our friendly squirrel was climbing the fence when he thought I wasn’t looking!

It is Simon’s 40th birthday today, so Morag organised a party a their house – drinks and curry. US curry wasn’t too bad! Less hot and spicy than UK curry, but still quite flavoursome (to use an Americanism!). Not a patch on the Anupam of course, but not bad!! We got to meet a few of Morag and Simon’s US friends too, which was great. I was tickled when Alison (their daughter) said something in her pure American accent, and one of their American friends said “Oh my gosh, she sounds so Scottish”! We had a really great night – thank you Morag!!

(Thursday 12th July)

No comments: