Saturday 30 May 2009

Chick, chick, chick, chick, chicken

We popped into Waitrose tonight to pick up a couple of bits and pieces for dinner. Stephen fancied sticking some chicken on the Wurlitzer, sorry I mean BBQ. We got through the checkout and I checked the receipt. It had been a little pricy, but we had bought wine. It turned out that the wine wasn’t the pricy bit though. Stephen had picked up Organic Free Range chicken breasts and they cost £10.40. I couldn’t believe it! I had to dig out the packet of chicken to make sure that they hadn’t made a mistake, but no…it really was £10.40…and it wasn’t even gold plated! I have now made sure that he knows that if he had wandered 3ft to the right he would have found the non-organic affordable chicken. It was very delicious and tender though (nothing to do with the cooking!) so perhaps it was worth it.

No comments: