Saturday 30 May 2009

Thursday 30th April - Mum’s belongings go to storage

Typical! Just when you want a dry day, it absolutely tips it down!! I worked from home on Thursday just to be around when the guys were moving Mum’s things out the house. They were a nice couple of chaps and pretty efficient. Mum was having a mild case of headless chicken, so I did the inventory whilst they got on with moving the furniture and Mum made endless cups of tea. It didn’t take them more than a couple of hours to move the whole lot out, then Mum and I whisked round to M&S and Argos to grab a sandwich and a steamer unit respectively. Then it was back to the house to drop me off before Mum headed off to Edinburgh to see Eve.

I took the chance to clear out the food cupboards whilst Mum was away. OMG! There were jars of spices in there which I had left behind 2 years ago, and which were years out of date! I threw out loads of stuff. Mum will no doubt be horrified…

The steamer unit is great! I had a quick go at the grouting on the kitchen floor which had got a little dark and grubby looking and it brought it up as good as new. As it was forecast to rain again on Friday I didn’t bother to do too much as I figured it was just going to get filthy again with my removal men coming in and out.

We were suffering from a severe lack of furniture on Thursday night. In the sitting room we had one chair and a couple of tables…I claimed the chair…until Stephen came home and sat in it…and wouldn’t move! Something about his bad back…all I can say is that I’m too kind for my own good! My own aching back counted for nothing and I suffered – but not in silence!!

No comments: