Saturday 30 May 2009

Saturday 23rd May - Still poorly

I woke up about 5am and fell back into a fitful sleep until 6:45am when Stephen asked for a drink and I had to get up. I suspect that the reason my sleep had been fitful was because he was poking me in the back at regular intervals until I woke up! He was really feeling pretty grot so spent most of the day in bed. It got so bad that at about 7pm I called the out of hours number for the Doctors surgery. It goes to one of those central numbers, so an American lady took the details, then a nurse called back a short while later. She decided that we needed to speak to the Doctor, who called about 8:45. He decided that he needed to see Stephen so at 9pm I was bundling him into the car to take him to hospital. He gave Stephen a prescription for tablets to help with the nausea, so I dropped S back at home whilst I went to the pharmacy which was at the local retail park. As I was standing outside Boots waiting for them putting the prescription together I was amazed to see two middle-aged women in an Audi A4 who were doing drive-by window shopping – at 11pm!!



When I got back Stephen was looking a little better, which I put down to the fact he’d upchucked (as the American lady I’d spoken to earlier put it). It was a relief to see him looking marginally more human. I’d actually been mopping his fevered brow earlier….

No comments: