Saturday 30 May 2009

Saturday 9th May - The super glam Worcester Motor Show

We spent a few hours tidying up the house. It probably still looks a mess, but it’s a million times better than it was a week ago! We’re nearly there…but we’ve been saying that encouragingly since last Saturday!
I’d read that there was a motor show going on in Worcester high street, so we grabbed our cameras and headed in. I think I was expecting something a little more exciting than a bunch of cars parked in the street…and not sexy, exciting cars either (with the exception of the Morgan). There were ordinary, mundane family cars with balloons tied to them…not a supercar in sight. I had a quick run around a couple of shops searching for a cardigan. I have bought a patterned, flared out skirt and I thought a black cardi might be just the ticket to go with it – a bit Kirsty Allsopp. I tried the quirky shop, I tried the more mainstream shop and I finally tried M&S, all to no avail. I did see one cardigan in M&S, but it wasn’t in my size and I couldn’t find any more of them despite quartering the store.

Stephen and I found a very nice little café in Reindeer Court and stopped for coffee and a cake. It was the most heavenly sponge roulade filled with fine slices of fresh strawberries and covered with whipped cream. It was beautifully light and utterly delicious – but maybe just as well we shared. One each would have been just too piggy.

When we got home I told mum that I’d seen a cardigan but it was the wrong size so I was whisked off to M&S in Malvern to see if they had it or could order it. As it turned out they could do neither, but there was another cardigan that was just lovely so I got that instead. It gives me another option for the wedding outfit anyway – Stephen still thinks my first outfit looks too wedding-y and still sniggers when he looks at the fascinator….

No comments: