Saturday 30 May 2009

Monday 4th May - Typical Bank Holiday weather

We were up really early again on Monday – even though it was a Bank Holiday! By 9am I had defrosted the freezer (the steamer was worth its price for this alone!), hung out a washing to dry, put another washing into the machine, made and eaten a bacon sarnie for breakfast and moved piles of books from one room to another. The weather wasn’t playing though. I was heading out the door to hang out my next load of washing when it started to bucket down with rain. Noooo!! This left me with loads of washing and no way to dry it. I need a tumble drier!!

Stephen ran away to work for a while, whilst I went through the pain of clearing out large portions of my wardrobe as it wasn’t really fitting into the space (it expanded a lot when I was away!). There are now a couple of very full bags of clothes ready to be dispatched to the local charity shops. I also had a couple of bin bags of clothes hangers spare. I swear these things breed! I am always finding stacks of them in the back of the closet!! When he got back we headed to Ledbury to buy a couple of new side tables for the sitting room. It took a while to find the shop. We tried every business park in the town and it turned out to be the last one (and the one we usually go to!) that this place was at. Typical! The chap who helped us out to the car with the tables had spent 10 years in the US building houses so we were all commiserating about having to leave, but I will say this…people I have met who have lived there are imbued with a certain zest for life and can-do attitude…although perhaps that’s why they go in the first place!

I also bought vacuum storage bags for putting our mountain of bedding into. These are cool! Once you’ve wrestled the duvets and blankets into the bag (which was not easy I can tell you!), you seal the top and suck the air out with your vacuum. I got 4 jumbo bags - all of which are now stored under mum’s bed. I just hope that the seals don’t go all at once or she’ll be lying there as the bed is suddenly propelled skywards and pinned to the ceiling as 10 pillows and 2 duvets expand back to full size!! It’s a shame these bags don’t work for books…!

No comments: