Sunday 3 June 2007

37 years on...

It seems my arithmetic may not be up to par as it turns out that it was actually 37 years ago that Uncle Jim headed off to Oz (maybe I'm just older than I thought!). One of my earliest memories is of Jim throwing me up in the air and catching me, and me screaming blue murder! Typical "Uncle" stuff - after all it's an Uncle's job to wind kids up and leave the parents to cope with the fall out!! I can only have been about 1 year old at the time, but it's a vivid memory...as I have a fear of heights I feel there may be some psychological scarring!

As an added bonus my sister Eve was also there last night. She had flown in from a trip to Canada the night before and decided to hop on down in order to see Jim and Birgitta. We had a really fun evening, the banter was top notch! We tossed jokes across the table in the way that only 5 long separated Scots and 1 Swede can, and laughed til our faces ached!

Jim and Birgitta have bought a house in Sweden, and it's their intention to spend Summer in Sweden and then go back to Australia for Summer....that really is the best of both worlds! Anyway as they'll be regularly venturing into the Northern Hemisphere we're hoping we'll be seeing them at slightly more frequent intervals than every 37 years now!

G'day mate! The long lost rellies...
I got to hang out with Eve this afternoon which was cool. It's been a while since we've had a proper catch up...so we flapped our gums for a few hours before I had to run her to catch her train. I'm now sitting here with power over the remote as Stephen has headed off to Brighton for a sales conference. The really disappointing thing is....there is nothing on telly I want to watch! My one chance to watch what I want without the remote control commando switching it over...and there is nothing on. Not a thing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

No comments: