Sunday 17 June 2007

Wiiiiiiiii

In case you're wondering why there are no pictures of Stephen and I looking glamorous (and "gripped" in my case!) in our evening wear on Friday it's because we completely forgot to pick up the camera! After I had nagged about making sure it was charged and ready to go we left it sitting on the kitchen counter. D'oh! And after the hideous drive into Malvern to the Ball (Malvern drivers - no need to say more!) and the challenging parking situation at the hotel there was no way we were turning around and going back for it!!

I spent Saturday packing my boxes and unpacking some more of Mum's. I think we're nearly there with the house now (yippee!!), so I'll be turning my attention to filing and paperwork for the next few days. What fun!!

Whilst I was slogging away in the house Stephen and Mum were in Worcester buying a Wii. Mum simply loves playing shoot 'em up video games and was desperate to get her hands on a games console! Once it was all set up in the study (you can surf the web on it too - very clever!) Mum was in there playing "The Godfather" and trying to work up from her apprentice gangster weapon (a baseball bat) to something more powerful!! All I could hear were shrieks of laughter and the theme music to the Godfather wafting down the stairs! Mum loves staying in hotels and has likened her new bedroom to staying in a Holiday Inn Express (I need to try and up the star rating!)...now she's staying in a Holiday Inn Express with an Amusement Arcade next door - her idea of heaven!!

Mum was off to Ikea this morning and came back with a couple of bedside tables. We reverted to type quickly....Stephen went to Waitrose to buy (and BBQ) dinner and I got out the tools and assembled the flat pack! Oh, and a miracle happened today! Stephen helped me to mow the lawn! He actually pushed the mower around about a third of the garden - the first time he has cut the grass for about 5 years!! I'm still in shock....I'm not convinced that he hasn't been taken over by some alien life form!!

No comments: