Wednesday 13 June 2007

Moving day for Mum

It was moving day for Mum today. She waved goodbye to the wilds of Leominster and said hello to the (relative!) civilisation of Malvern. Our house is now in complete chaos - perhaps I should have foregone the cider last night in favour of packing more boxes! Mum's furniture is in place and it all looks very cosy! ...and very different! It's a bit strange seeing Mum's furniture here - like someone has transplanted her little cottage into my house. Which, I suppose, is exactly what we've done!

I had a rather hair-raising journey to work this morning. I turned a bend in the road and found an old banger heading directly towards me on the wrong side of the road. There was nothing parked in the road, so no reason for the little wander - perhaps he just fancied playing chicken this morning!! Thankfully with a lot of heavy braking we avoided each other, and no harm done....except to the air round about me which turned a vivid shade of blue!!! I told you drivers here were nuts!

I've just made a chilli to take round to Phil's tomorrow night...and another for mum to freeze! There are two enormous pots simmering away on the stove. You'd think I was feeding the 500! I need to go and stir and taste it now - I've got a chilli makers reputation to maintain so I need to go and tip in the rest of the packet of chilli powder if its lacking punch!

No comments: