Sunday 24 June 2007

Stop the car. I want a Wiiiiiiiiiii

We are now the proud owners of a suitcase big enough for me to sleep in! Hopefully we now have enough packing space to enable us to fit all the worldly possessions that we didn't ship... It's still a little strange to think that in exactly a week from now, we'll have checked in for the flight! I'm sure at some point soon this is going to sink in!!!

My car has been sold back to the Ford dealer. I'll have the rollerskate for a few more days until they can raise the cheque. I'm going to miss that little car - it was just so cute!!! And quite nippy!! Like driving a baby rally car...or a go-cart as Stephen preferred to describe it. It's going to be quite a change to drive the SUV we've ordered, which is huge in comparison, and with rather softer suspension. I suspect that the Escape will be more like driving a boat that a car!

Richard and Justine picked us up last night and we headed off to dinner at The Star, one of the local pubs that has a restaurant and does excellent Chinese food. Justine and I detoured to their house first so that I could pick a few more pieces from her jewellery collection (Mia Mia jewels - check out the website). I adore the pieces - every one is unique and the colours and textures in the glass are fantastic. I've picked about 6 pieces and J is going to drop them off today. I'm so excited!!

We all had a good catch up over dinner. Talked about the latest gossip - who's doing what, where and to whom - you know the kind of thing! As a group we've likened our lives just now to the "Season Finale"...there is so much going on, and all building to a climax!! "Tune in for the next exciting episode...."

When we got home Mum came rushing down the stairs. "You've got to come and try Boxing on the Wii - It's fantastic"...and do you know what? She was right!! I want one!!! We spent an hour taking it in turns to knock the living daylights out a series of opponents. I tell you, you don't need to go to the gym if you have one of these things! We were sweating buckets!! You get quite energetic when you've got the controllers in either hand and are punching away!

No comments: