Wednesday 27 June 2007

The sad goodbyes...

It has been an emotional couple of days. Yesterday was our last day in work at Malvern. I spent the day emptying my desk into secure waste sacks and filling up all the bins in the office with the rest of my rubbish. You don't half gather a lot of cr*p after 12 years! All those office moves when you look at your stuff and think it's indispensable - its truly not! Moving continents really focuses your mind! So much stuff - so little saved!!


I also volunteered to enter the final travel claim for Andy (my office husband) for old times sake. And he made it a good 'un! He pulled the most enormous pile of receipts from his wallet - I was well on the way to RSI by the time I'd finished!! But mustn't grumble - I DID volunteer after all!! I'm going to miss my office husband - or rather ex-husband now we've gone through the office divorce! But Andy, remember: I may have divorced you, run off, and left you to look after the "kids", but at least I gave you custody of the calculator!


I was actually quite good on the emotional front. I managed all day at work without any tears - the waterproof mascara not needed!! I even managed not to cry during our meal out with Spectrum's leadership team....although I will admit to welling up at a couple of points! Working for Spectrum had its ups and downs (dealing with blocked urinals when I was Ops Manager was a bit of a down!), but one thing we have always had was a lot of fun. And we had fun last night! Here are the pictures to prove it....



Me admiring Stephen's replacement BMW...


I'll miss you both...me with Andy (my office husband) and Mandy


The team



The girls


It was also fairly traumatic today.... It was my turn to have to wave goodbye to my baby. After the flooding had subsided a little (when will this rain stop??) it was with a heavy heart that I drove my little StreetKa over to the Ford dealer, handed in the keys and picked up the cheque. I'm going to miss my rollerskate! We were perfectly suited - it was little (Kerry-sized) and so gorgeously cute! And fun when you could get it's top down!! (no jokes or comparisons please!!)


It was also the time when it finally hit me that I have left Spectrum and won't be back for a couple of years. Until today it felt more like going on holiday, and that I'd be back in a couple of weeks.... I was writing thank you cards to take into work and I suddenly welled up. Tears, emotion - so not me!! I had another teary moment when I was saying goodbye to people. So, if I cried on you, or couldn't speak cos I was about to cry on you, then I'm sorry! I'll really miss you guys. (I can recommend Maybelline waterproof mascara to anyone in a similar situation! No panda eyes to be seen!)

No comments: