Saturday 30 June 2007

We're outta here

It has been a busy few days, spent tying up the looses ends and beginning to pack our cases. We thought at first that 2 huge suitcases, one tiny suitcase and one suit carrier was going to be enough...WRONG! We had to go to Matalan yesterday and buy another gigantic suitcase....and we've filled that to the brim too! I'm beginning to think that we didn't ship nearly enough! I don't know how we (or rather me!) are going to get this lot maneuvered round Heathrow tomorrow!


We're driving down to a hotel at Heathrow this afternoon. As there is more heavy rain predicted for the next couple of days we thought it was wise to go down the night before, rather than find out that find out when we're driving that all possible routes out of Malvern are under water!



We've had the last of our many farewell lunches, drinks and dinners now. I had a very lovely leisurely lunch with Mandy and Andy on Thursday. It had actually stopped raining for a few hours and the sun came out, so we were able to sit out in the pub garden and enjoy the few weak rays of sunshine that passes for summer at the moment. We had a good old gossip, and reminisced about the good (and the bad!) old days. I'd like to thank Andy for the gift. The eccles cake was delicious, and more than made up for "that thing" from M&S that you gave me at Christmas!!


Andy & Mandy looking cool in the sunshine

Stephen went out for a final curry on Thursday with Chris. We've been doing a lot of finals recently - final curry, final fish & chips, final bacon butty, final haggis, neeps and tatties.... Whilst he was out I had a phone call from Mandy insisting that I turn over to a show called Embarrassing Illnesses. As she knows I don't do medical shows of any kind due to a possibility of goriness, I was wondering why....then an old familiar face popped up on the screen! And they had a very embarrassing illness!!! I didn't stop howling with laughter for about 30 minutes, in fact Jane phoned me to howl with laughter too! My ribs hurt, but possibly not as much as this persons....well lets not go into details!!



Last night was our final fling in Malvern. We went to the Nags for a few drinkies with Richard, Justine and Kate. We had a great laugh. About Embarrassing Illnesses, the office gossip, who's doing whom (honestly, work is a hotbed of lust!), and about the fact that someone who joined us for a few minutes thought I worked in a Supermarket!!



Kate looking very relaxed after a drink...

I'm going to miss you all loads. So KEEP IN TOUCH! I expect daily e-mails!



We're collecting the keys to the house on Monday, and all of our worldly goods and the rental furniture is being delivered on Tuesday, so it may be a couple of days before I can get near a computer to update this, but I'll get back on line ASAP with lots of pictures of the house.

No comments: