Tuesday 12 June 2007

Packing up

Well I was right about the frantic stuffing of things in boxes! Stephen and I have just spent a couple of hours dumping kitchen bits and pieces in boxes (or in the bin if they were a bit tired). We then roped Guy from next door in to help put them into the loft (best to get someone young, fit and with a sound back in to do the heavy bit!! - I don't want Stephen in hospital with a slipped disc right now!).

Then, whilst Stephen whisked Guy off for a "thank you" pint, I got to work moving the 3 tonnes of make-up and hair products (and bear in mind the 3 tonnes has been reduced drastically from the 7 tonnes that used to lurk in my dressing table!!) from what used to be our bedroom and into the spare room where we are now squatting. It covers every available surface...I'm going to have to pick my way over, round and through it to get into bed tonight! I might need to cut everything down to to absolute basics (1 tonne!) for the time being - but that's a job for tomorrow.

So, bar a bit of tidying up tonight, we're ready for mum to move in tomorrow! There's still a lot more stuff to be packed up...but its all stuff in rooms that can be done a bit slower time...so I'm going to open a cider, put my feet up for 1/2 hour and watch Big Brother!

No comments: