Sunday 10 June 2007

More packing!

I got home from work at lunchtime on Friday and feel like I've not stopped since! Mum came over and helped me plough through the mountain of ironing in preparation for stage 2 of the freighting process. (My ironing pile is always mountainous! I swear that the stuff breeds as soon as my back is turned!!) The items we're air freighting are being collected on Monday, and this includes our clothes, shoes and my handbags. I'm aiming to send as much as possible as I don't want to be left staggering through Heathrow with 14 suitcases!! And believe me, it would be me staggering about as Stephen has been known to use me as his personal pack horse!! (Mandy: remember the photo shoot at Witley Court when I was left carrying 2 camera bags, a video bag, 2 umbrellas and a tripod!! And then he complained that I was being slow getting him film!!)

Anyway the imminent freighting triggered another massive sort out session. I've filled about 5 bags (so far) with stuff to go to the charity shop...I've been utterly ruthless! Its quite amazing the stuff I hang onto for no discernible reason! My wardrobe isn't quite "capsule" but it's a lot smaller than it was! After all I have to have some reason to hit the shops when I get to Washington! A large portion of my infamous handbag collection also went to the charity shop last week for the same reason...

Mum is moving in here on Wednesday, so I've also been packing our stuff (i.e. the stuff were not taking to the US) into boxes to be stored in the loft. Considering that sorting out and packing up has taken me all weekend there still seems to be a lot to do! I think this was in part due to the heat this weekend....26 degrees and humid doesn't help with motivation! I think I was doing quite well to battle on despite the fact I was "glowing" like a piggy! Anyway, I'm hoping that a couple of nights this week will see it finished. I'll get fed up being orderly and just start stuffing things in any old how!

Stephen has spent all day today swearing at our laptops, threatening to take one back to the shop, cursing when software wouldn't load/run and generally getting annoyed that the whole process was taking 10 time longer than it should! He has also had to say goodbye to another of his guitars and is somewhat heartbroken that he won't see it again for a few weeks - and that he'll have to make do with the 2 guitars he's leaving here.

To be honest it wasn't all hard slog this weekend! We did have Saturday night off from packing, and went round to Julie and Andy's for dinner - which was absolutely yummy! It was such a lovely warm evening we sat out in the garden chatting and making inroads into the bottles of wine till gone 11pm. No fleeces required last night!

No comments: