Friday 1 August 2008

Babysiting for bella bambinos

It has been a really busy week! We've been out every night and it caught up with me this evening. I got in from work, lay on the sofa and woke up 2 hours later. I'm still a little bleary! Bed beckons...

So what has kept us out? Well Stephen had a UK visitor over for a meeting in North Carolina so we all went out for dinner on Monday. Then on Tuesday I was being the Full Service EA - NO! not that! - I was babysitting for Paul and Lisa's kids while they went out to see George Michael in concert. Stephen had offered and, of course, the night Paul chose was the night that Stephen was in NC with his UK visitor.... So Mr Kid Friendly was away and Mrs OhmygodwhatdoIdowith3kidsunder10 was left to cope!! Actually the kids were great - absolutely no trouble at all! I spent the evening playing Yantzee with Beth at the same time as helping Josh make an apron (and other works of art) out of paper napkins and sellotape. Its just as well I can multi-task! Katie was just happy to watch Hannah Montana, so she was really easy!

I managed to get them upstairs and into jimjams around about their 9pm deadline, but then failed to get them into bed for ages! I couldn't get them to stop chatting, showing me their latest toy/suitcase/car... I guess I was a totally soft touch as Katie asked me if I could babysit them again this week. Paul and Lisa were quite surprised when I told them. I think Katie is the one they were most worried about reacting badly to being left without Mummy and Daddy.

So far less trauma than I was anticipating! It was probably as well that Stephen wasn't there given his ability to wind small children up to screaming pitch within 30 seconds of meeting them!! It was a late night though...I got home at about 3 minutes to midnight, which just about gave me enough time to get inside before I turned into a pumpkin!!

Last night we went to a baseball game, but I'm getting sleepy (I never really woke up after my 2 hour snooze!), so I'll hold off the scintillating tale of the baseball and tailgate for now...

No comments: