Saturday 2 August 2008

Happy Birthday QInc

It's QInc's 7th Birthday, so we had a birthday party with cake and ice cream on Thursday.


"Happy Birthday" (in primary blue)
"QinetiQ" (in pastel blue)
Tim's very specific instructions....

Added to the frantic activity of Wednesday's baseball preparation, Tim was ordering a cake online from one of the local supermarkets. Now, Tim likes to talk and run things by me, but I swear that after he had gone through the cake details (at approx 20 minutes of explanation) for the 3rd time (to me or to people passing by my cube) I was about set to throttle him!! (In the nicest possible way of course!) He was giving really explicit instructions about the colour of the icing and was worried about these some of these (or the parentheses and quotation marks) appearing on the cake.... Dawn was more worried about the icing coming back with a "U" in QinetiQ. And she was right! Thankfully they were able to fix it, and you'd never know it was there!!

Mr Wrongkindofbeer got into my bad books again. He gave me a hard time as I'd not put the chilled beer in the fridge (which was full of food) and had stuck it in the cupboard as apparently "American beer will go bad if its chilled and then allowed to go warm. You don't want to make people sick, you need to throw it out". Now I'd never heard of this, so I did a little web research. What a bunch of hooey! The web information came from a brewmaster of 40 years standing, so I think we can pretty much say he knows what he's talking about!!

I thought the whole beer thing was just ridiculous given that every American (including him) in the office embraces leftover food! They were scarfing down the BBQ leftovers without a thought for their intestinal safety!! I was okay with the salad, but not reheating chicken which had already been reheated when we got it to the office... Still, they were all alive on Friday, so I guess it was fine!

No comments: