Sunday 31 August 2008

Politics, politcs...

Obama gave a great speech. The impassioned democrats in the office said it was a spectacular speech. He looked and sounded Presidential. His VP nomination, Joe Biden just looked insincere! I didn't hear his speech, so perhaps he has other strings to his bow...I don't think I'm alone in my feeling that the guy is creepy. I just hope he doesn't hurt Obama's chances.

John McCain's announcement of his VP choice was a bit of a curve ball! Of the names that had been talked about with certainty, Sarah Palin wasn't one of them! Its a clever choice. She's young (which he is not), she's a woman (so may pick up the disaffected Hillary voters), and she's a social conservative (which he's a bit soft on).

Let the games begin! We now have 2 months of gladiatorial combat to look forward to before the election in November.

No comments: