Saturday 23 August 2008

Sleepy, grumpy...

I've just been to Target (I was getting Target-withdrawal as I've not been for weeks!) and bought new pillows. I'm not a great sleeper and buy quite a few pillows in search of the perfect pillow combination. My last ones were pretty good, but suddenly they began to feel as though they were stuffed with rocks. It was time for new ones.

This was really brought home the other night as I had gone to bed, read until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, switched out my light and immediately fallen asleep. I woke up feeling fairly awake. It was still dark though. I've trained myself to check the clock when I wake during the night, as I can lie there for ages thinking "the alarm is going to go off any second" and then find its only 4am. I checked the clock. It was 11:35pm. I had been asleep for a whole...40 minutes!!! I was now awake, it was still the same day as I had gone to bed, and I couldn't find a comfy position at all. No matter how much I pummeled the pillows they still felt like rocks!!

Its probably as well that Stephen wasn't here. I would only have got grumpy with him...he can sleep through anything and there is nothing more frustrating when you're lying awake in the middle of the night than the contented gentle snoring of someone deep in the land of Nod!

No comments: