Thursday 21 August 2008

Make mine a venti

We have coined a new phrase today. Starbucks no longer sells us lattes. It sells us liquid will to live!

"Hey! How are you? Can I have a venti, extra shot, no foam, will to live please?"

I think it could catch on!

Its certainly very apt for me some mornings. Despite getting up at the crack of dawn I'm still not really a morning person. It can take a bit of time, and caffeine before I feel perky and/or able to deal with perky people!

My latte addiction is something of a standing joke between me and our Chairman's EA. She called me this morning and her first words were "Its me! Have you had your coffee yet?" She was in stitches when I told her that we're calling it "will to live" now.

I have needed the extra boost of will to live in the past couple of days. One of my young colleagues is going to the UK on a business trip and he is hyper excited about the trip which is very understandable. I think its only something like his second or third trip out of the US and he's looking forward to visiting the two main sites then spending some time in London.

I forget that I'm a jaded old hag when it comes to travel. I travel a lot, I book a huge amount for people in work and have done for the best part of 14 years. I know travel agent speak. It doesn't phase me. I'm happy to book via our work travel service. I'm happy to book on line. I was once able to book a custom 5-centre vacation in 40 minutes direct with the travel company when it took a (very hopeless) travel agent 10 hours (a whole day, plus some time the following day sitting in the agency) to book a two-centre holiday straight off the brochure pages. Its safe to say I'm comfortable with the whole idea! It easy to forget that others are more apprehensive about the whole process. And when I stop and think about it I can appreciate why....but having to go through everything in great detail many times is somewhat sapping!!! Its all booked though, so he can get on with the exciting "anticipation" part now!

No comments: