Saturday 23 August 2008

Oh, woe is me...

I've had a rather rough time for the past few days. It all began to go wrong mid-morning on Thursday when I began to feel rather sick, and went downhill from then on it. I called it quits around 2pm and headed home. Which was perfect timing as it turned out, as my tummy became a particle accelerator shortly after. I wasn't able to hold onto any food for very long. Poor me! I woke with the alarm at 6:15 the following morning, got up, immediately felt sick and rushed to the bathroom, then back to bed for another 5 minutes. Again I got up, again felt sick and again went back to bed for 5 minutes. I was really determined not to leave Joni on her own in the office, so ignoring my body, I got up and had a shower. Big mistake. By the time I was done I felt awful, and began to acknowledge that it my body might be telling me something! I needed to be horizontal as upright=nauseous and near my own bathroom in order to spend some quality time with my loo...!!

Thankfully, by the time Stephen reappeared from his visit to the UK I was feeling more human. Especially thankfully as later that evening we were collecting Stephen's cousin (another Paul!) and his girlfriend from the metro as they were coming down from NYC for the weekend. They're moving to the area and are down to look at apartments. They've seen umpteen today and I think they're beginning to run into one another in terms of what they're all like. We've been round a couple with them. One was an apartment in a historic house on Prince St. It had some nice mouldings and hardwood floor, but it was like Honey, I Shrunk the Apartment!! The bedroom would have fit a bed and that was it, and the kitchen (if you can call it that) was essentially a cooker on one side and a sink on the other - almost no counter top at all. As you might expect, the new builds were all almost identical and the older ones were in need of some TLC. We're moving the search from Old Town to Pentagon City tomorrow.

No comments: