Thursday 23 October 2008

An all-time Lowes

We went to Lowes the other night to get a few things we needed. The shopping list was short: a light bulb, a trash can, a plant tray, a large air filter and a small air filter. Should be easy you think? I mean this store is the size of a small country, so they must stock everything right? Wrong!!!

We tried light bulbs first...they had every kind except the one we wanted. We gave up. Then it took us about 10 minutes of wandering before we gave up and asked where the air filters were...at the other end of the store from where we were. They had the large size, but no amount of searching helped us find the small one. Then we went in search of the trash can. After more aimless wandering we asked. Of course, it was at the other end of the store. At least they had one! I think we walked about 4 miles, traversed the store 14 times and only ended up with 2 items off the list. I did find fire starters (which I had forgotten to put on the list) so perhaps all the wandering wasn't entirely pointless!! Typically, I had found them on a solo wander so I had to lug the huge and heavy box the 2 miles back to the check out on my own - whilst Stephen waited patiently holding the light as a feather air filter.

I had a brilliant thought about ordering the filter and bulb off the Internet. That's not working out too well either! I can only get the filters in packs of 6. The bulbs cost $3 each, but it costs $8 to ship them.... D'oh!

No comments: