Saturday 18 October 2008

The ego has landed

I have spent most of this week feeling tired and grumpy. Not even my daily latte could shift the morning grump entirely - more lift it from "don't speak to me you moron" to "I'll listen politely but don't expect me to boost your over-inflated ego any further". Yup, I was THAT grumpy!

One of my junior co-workers was back from a visit to the UK where he had spent a good portion of the week seriously annoying those people who were organising the VIP visit with his uncalled for meddling. He came to tell me about the VIP visit when he returned to the office on Tuesday. Considering that he had had NO involvement before he went to the UK and pissed everyone off with his arrogance and meddling I don't think he had any right. He spoke as if he had organised the whole thing and had been with the VIP's every step of the way....rich considering. After one particularly fraught phone call with the UK last week I had to phone POQI and tell him that he had to lock him in a cupboard for a few days as the MD who was lining up the technical visit wasn't now going on the technical tour as this whippersnapper was. She felt it was too many bodies going round. I had to get POQI to howck him off the tour (it was SO not appropriate he was even thinking about going!) and then go and make nice with the MD in question.

The little sod was extremely patronising when he spoke to me. I had to bite my tongue. Mentally I was having a little Ally McBeal fantasy moment and knocking him flying through the air with a mighty uppercut. He thinks he has been a complete success and has no clue that he's ticked off some pretty important people! He is also overstepping the mark with his interactions with the UK and is now trampling all over the jobs of the business development VP's. He's making us look not-joined-up and that is really not good. He has had a week in the UK with one of the VP's inflating his ego (he is now HER Flying Monkey!) and his ego now knows no bounds!! There is nothing that he cannot do now...or so he thinks!!

I'm hoping a weekend to catch up with some sleep will improve my mood. I feel like a need a vacation, but we are struggling to fit one in at the moment. To make matters worse, I spent ages researching vacations for Christmas and found one that looked great and was price perfect. Because Stephen has been away a lot recently (and I felt he should get a say) I waited for him to review it and when I went to book it earlier this week the price had gone up by $1200 - not quite so price perfect now! I'm now struggling to find something as good... D'oh!

No comments: