Tuesday 7 October 2008

The nights are fair drawin' in

I'm not loving the rapid transition to that Fall feeling!

There are no "10pm and still light" summer nights here - even in the height of summer its still dark by around 8:30pm. We're heading rapidly into my least favourite time of year when its dark driving both to and from work. It was pitch black when I got up this morning, and it was pitch black before 7pm tonight. I do not want to get up in the morning when its dark, I want to hibernate!

I'm used to being woken by the sun streaming in the window in the morning and bathing me in its gentle golden glow. Now I'm relying on my alarm clock ripping me from the depths of sleep, face stuck to the pillow with drool, eyes glued together and hair which Einstein would have been proud of. Now after that description you understand why I need to get up before Stephen!! I need a head start in order to apply the primer, polyfilla and paint and make believe I look human and not like the creature from the black lagoon!

Its getting cooler overnight as well - which also makes me want to snuggle in and not get up! It was quite funny last week (and a little sad)... it was about 5am and I woke up because I was cold (we just had a sheet covering us). I was struggling to get back to sleep, so I decided to check my e-mails on my blackberry (this was the sad part!). It was at this point that Stephen sat up and decided to unfurl the comforter at the end of the bed. He had also been lying awake freezing but it was my blackberry lighting up the room which made him realise I was too, and that he could move without waking me and making me grumpy!!!

No comments: