Wednesday 8 October 2008

Pamper me

So I was wrong when I thought that it would get quieter here once the VIPs were in the UK! Its has been totally mad this week. I was answering urgent e-mails about 6am yesterday. I was in work at just after 7am trying to track down a box of brochures for the VIP visit which had gone missing in the UK, as well as print and guillotine business cards to send to a conference in DC as someone had forgotten to bring them from the UK. I didn't leave the office until gone 6pm. Then I sat in awful traffic on the way home before coming home and dealing with another few urgent e-mails. Monday was pretty similar - but more stressful! Thankfully today was quieter!

I'm going to have a pampering evening - I really fancy a good soak in the bath and an early night. I could probably do with a good sleep as I'm getting a little absent-minded first thing in the morning when I'm tired! It was mid-morning yesterday before I had a minute to go to the loo. Imagine my horror when I looked in the mirror and discovered that I hadn't properly brushed my hair that morning. It wasn't standing entirely on end (thankfully!!), so I guess it had gotten a perfunctory grooming with something...but it might have been with a twig looking at the state of it! It wasn't my normal sleek barnet!!

No comments: