Friday 3 October 2008

Food glorius food

Stephen was dispatched to buy lunch today (as he usually is - I really need to get the working through lunch thing under control!) as I was flat out working on the upcoming VIP visit to the UK next week. He got back to my desk with the sandwich, which we split as they are huge, and dragged me into the kitchen to divvy it up. I opened up the wrapper and recoiled in horror. He had ordered freshly carved roast beef on a roll and it was rare. Hell, no. It wasn't rare...it was still mooing! Now I'm not averse to a nice rare steak when it comes with garlic mash and crispy onion sprinkles, but I'm not so keen on rare beef on a sarnie. I don't have vampire tendencies and don't fancy eating something which will leave blood dribbling down my chin!!

Consequently I didn't get anything to eat today aside from the scone which someone brought in...it was the smallest thing in the box, but after I had chosen it I found it actually weighed 3lbs and took me all day to digest!

I have more than made up for it tonight though. We went for fish and chips. Kinda just like home! I feel so full now! Its the kind of thing that always sounds, smells and tastes great and 20 minutes later you wish you hadn't...

No comments: