Saturday 4 October 2008

Wot a week!

I did not have the greatest start to the day on Friday. The hem had come down on the trousers I had planned to wear and the other pairs were all too big. I was left running around the bedroom setting up the ironing board and turning out my dressing table drawers trying to find the roll of wonderweb in order to make a quick repair. I must have looked an extremely alluring sight. I was rushing around wearing just a t-shirt and jacket and a pair of knee-high pop socks. I was HOT ! I sure got my sexy back! Hah! I'm lucky Stephen didn't run from the room screaming "my eyes, my eyes"...

It didn't get any better when I got to work and got an e-mail from the office of the VIP visitors who are going to the UK next week telling me that they had changed the arrangements (again) and needed information and changes made. This was before 8am. They bombarded me with e-mails all day. They produce a really (and I mean REALLY) detailed itinerary for him and wanted to know every detail. The thing is they have changed the goalposts several times over the course of the week and every time they change they need all this information.

I think Emma and I are both driven pretty nuts with the whole visit! I nearly wept on Tuesday when the VIP's EA e-mailed me that they were driving to central London on the Thursday afternoon, when we were expecting them to attend our Fellows Dinner in Gloucestershire. She was working from Blackberry and out of the office, so I had to stop having heart palpitations and compose both myself and an e-mail asking politely if this was one of the "significant changes" she had mentioned, and was she sure that they were going to London. Thankfully she had made a mistake becuase that would have meant ripping up the visit and beginning again. The whole week was manic. It was also month end, so I had to prepare the business development reports. I don't think I did a day under 10 hours and on Tuesday brought the laptop home and worked through til about 10:30 in an attempt to catch up. Hopefully next week will be quieter! I am pooped, and need a few quiet days to recover!

No comments: