Friday 5 December 2008

Colds and ailments

I got into work on Friday and my throat became unbearably sore. Young Colin also had a sore throat so he left me have one of his throat lozenges. My goodness they were good stuff! My throat and tongue were totally numb afterwards. I trotted down to CVS after work and found you could pick them up off the shelf - none of this having to ask the pharmacist for the good stuff nonsense!!

As he had been generous with his lozenges, I shared my Berocca. Berocca is wonderful stuff! Its a super strength multi vitamin that is great for warding off colds (see what happened when I didn't take it for 10 days!) and for aiding recovery from any PG induced flash viruses. At least he was wise this time...the first time I had given him one we had been chatting and suddenly this look of panic and "what the F is going on in my mouth" came over him. These things are the size of horse pills and are dissolved in water...he'd shoved it in his gob and it was effervescing madly! After that, telling him that they turn your wee an alarming shade of nuclear yellow didn't seem so hard!

No comments: