Tuesday 2 December 2008

Here comes the bride...

Saturday, the day of Matt and Jane's wedding dawned bright and clear....Actually, that's a little untruth. It was drizzly and foggy, but it wasn't snowing, so we were doing better than forecast!

We were parked on the road outside the church waiting for people to arrive (we were early as I hate being late!) when Mandy and Dan drew up just in front so we car shared (they had heated seats) and had a quick catch up whilst we waited. The church was warmer than we were expecting (not saying a lot as they are notoriously cold!), and Matt came over to say hello. He was looking very relaxed for someone about to tie the knot! Not a sign of pre-wedding big day jitters. Jane looked gorgeous, and pretty relaxed too...no sign of Bridezilla!! The service was lovely. I was welling a bit at times - I am turning into a sentimental softy in my old age.

So, if the words of the wedding ceremony made me well up, can you imagine how teary I became during the speeches when Matt was talking about what a fantastic, warm, loving person Jane is. When he pulled out his guitar and said he was going to "sing a song for my bird" and serenaded her I was practically sobbing!!

It was a really lovely day, and I thank Jane and Matt for letting us share it with them.

No comments: