Wednesday 17 December 2008

Whatever the weather...

At 11pm last night the temperature was 16C - a nice British summer evening. Tonight at 6pm the temperature is 2C - a regular British summer evening! Joking! It is impossible to tell from one day to the next whether you are going to boil or freeze. I had on a jacket, coat and scarf when I left the house yesterday because it "looked" cold...how wrong was I?? I was practically suffering from heat exhaustion by the time I got to work. My face was getting red and shiny and my hair had gone limp!

We've got the fire lit tonight and are both stretched out in front of it - Stephen with a book and me with my laptop. The thing is we both need to be upstairs sorting out what we are taking on vacation with us. The airline are charging us $15 per checked bag per flight (and we have 4 flights), so I'm being frugal and am determined to get everything into 1 checked bag and 2 carry-ons. This will be fine as long as I can stop Stephen packing 10 x shirts, 10 x polo shirts, 10 x t-shirts and 10 x trousers for a 10 day holiday!! I'll need to be firm. We need to plan it out. We need to move out butts up the stairs and get on with it...

No comments: