Thursday 18 December 2008

Holiday cards Part 2

Okay. Neither Stephen nor I have been able to get near a Post Office, so the cards which should have been dropping through your door this week will not be landing on your mat until sometime in the New Year - around May at this rate!

I have been too busy stuffing the office cards into envelopes today to make it along to the post office to sort out my own! Over the past 3 days I've typed 400 address labels whilst mentally checking for duplicates, nagged 4 BD blokes to give me their list/shorten their list, fended off one BD guy who wanted to expand his list, stuck 400 labels onto 400 envelopes, folded 400 cards, inserted 400 cards into 400 envelopes, licked 40 envelopes, searched for the dampener bottle, dampened 360 envelopes, received 3 deep paper cuts (all of which required band-aids as I was in danger of bleeding on the cards) and sworn 278 times. To do a task like that on your own you need to have Bing Crosby crooning White Christmas and a glass of something fizzy to hand...not be sitting in a cube, answering the phones and starving as you've not managed to take a lunch break... I was Scrooge with Tourettes today! And if anyone finds the tip of my finger in a card, can they please send it back??

No comments: