Thursday 4 December 2008

God, I feel awful....

I've not been having the best possible week...I was coming down with a cold when I was in the UK and because I had a head full of gloop when we flew I had the most horrid time during the descent into Washington (which felt like it took hours!). I know why babies scream now...I certainly wanted to! Consequently my ears popped and I've been totally Mutt and Jeff since Monday, which is no fun I can tell you! I've also got a raging sore throat and a cold. FUN!

I was lying in bed this morning having thoughts which ran pretty much like: "God, I feel awful...maybe I shouldn't go to work...but its the BD meeting today, better go in...I can't hear a f"ing thing...wonder if I've perforated my eardrum...if I don't get my hearing back soon I'll need to go to the Docs....God, I feel awful...I need to spend some time in bed...but when? Its the BD meet today, the Christmas party tomorrow, the Scottish Walk on Saturday....Sunday. I can be ill on Sunday...the Christmas party....Sh!t...how can I go to the party and make conversation with people when I'm totally deaf?...crapola....better get up....God, I feel awful....

Thankfully, when I was in the middle of washing my hair my ears popped again and I could hear!! Yay!!

No comments: