Sunday 7 December 2008

Full Length and Fabulous

The party was a triumphant success (of course!). Everyone had a good time. Most people hit the dance floor (even Stephen!) - some were quite professional! Some had had lessons, and others had watched a lot of Dancing with the Stars!

It was late in the evening when young Colin decided that the Scots amongst us should do shots of tequila in order to...well, actually I'm not sure why we were doing shots! I'm sure there was a reason... Anyway, as a little sick thing who had only sipped a couple of glasses of wine over the evening, and as someone who hates tequila unless its dressed up as a margarita I wasn't overly keen. I was saved when Tim joined us as, amongst the distraction of getting the salt, limes and shots ready, I was able to ask the barman for a club soda and give Tim my tequila glass. I truly love the barman - I was expecting to have to explain away a tumbler of water, but he gave me a shot of club soda! I did the whole lick the salt, slug the drink and bite the lime thing and no-one was any the wiser that I had been knocking back straight water!

No comments: