Monday 15 December 2008

I don't believe it!

I don't believe it!!! After feeling moderately well on Friday and Saturday my sore throat came back on Saturday night. I just can't seem to shake it off.... ITS NOT FAIR!! I can only hope that sunshine and daiquiris will be the cure all and, come Friday afternoon I'll be feeling a whole lot better!

It was the BABA Christmas Lunch today, which I was lucky enough to be invited to. It was a really nice affair (if a lot more sober than the UK equivalent would be!). The food was pretty good - very British (Cornish Game Hen with veg pot pie and then sticky toffee pudding). The Ambassadors speech was amusing. We got really nice silver tree ornaments as a gift and one of our table won the grand hamper raffle prize...but as he'd flown up from Florida he couldn't take it back, so he distributed it around the rest of us. It was a pretty good hamper - whisky, wine, cookies, cheese, crackers, chocolate and other bits and pieces. Its a very good policy to invite guests that can't take liquids back on their flight!!

No comments: