Sunday 7 December 2008

Let there be light...

Friday was our holiday party, so POQI closed the office early so those that live further afield had time to go home and get ready, and so that the sick and walking wounded could had a little nap before we went out. (Wot a star!)

We got home and in a fit of Christmassy enthusiasm I decided that I was going to quickly string the fairy lights outside the house. I dragged everything out the cupboard and set to work. It wasn't until I had strung two connected sets down the railings (its a lot of wrapping round the balustrade) that I realised that I hadn't checked to see if they were working. I checked all the sets still in the bags. They were all good. I plugged in the ones I'd painstakingly wrapped...one set wasn't working. POOP! Thankfully all wasn't lost as it was a short set and I could unplug it, pull it off and spread the others out a tiny bit, but it looks a little uneven. I'm not sure that I care at the moment though! Its too cold to go out and spent time unwinding it all...I might just have to be the talk of the steamie this year!

No comments: